Monday, July 18, 2011

Tick...Tock....Tick...Tock....

I keep saying to Carlie, "I really need to blog something!" But there just isn't much to tell! Things are going fine for now. Communication with birth mom is "light" but consistent, more texting than phone calls but honestly, I think I prefer it that way. We are told she still wants us to come visit for a doctor's appointment but timeliness and scheduling aren't exactly turning out to be her strengths. Carlie and I are not pushing this trip. Of course, we'd LOVE to go and see an ultrasound, meet the doctor who will be delivering Max, and meet birth mom. But if it doesn't work out, that is ok too. We'd just like to know if we need to plan the trip! As we are learning...over and over and over again....we can't always plan everything!!


We are doing well. Our house went back on the market yesterday. We have the perfect little house picked out and I have all of these dreams for the nursery....but the likelihood is that our place is not going to sell. It is so frustrating! Later this year, when we are back with Max and if our townhome still hasn't sold, we plan to rent it out and hope for the best! God's timing has never been my timing and why I think it will coincide this time I don't know! But his time is also always better than mine, so who am I to question any of this!


We may not be able to decorate a nursery yet, but I have been unable to resist buying baby clothes!! I just can't help it! They are so tiny and adorable...and everything can be returned, right?? Right! And I'm not the only one guilty of this. It sounds to me like my mom and sister are just as guilty as I am....it sounds like they have a small closet started for Max already! So...we talk about his arrival, wonder what those first few days will be like, TRY not to buy too many things, and wait. His due date is 10 weeks away and I know it is just going to fly by. School starts soon and that will take up a lot of my time and give me something else to think about! :)

1 comment:

  1. I have Max's gifts already. I am so excited for you guys. I can't wait to meet the little man. The sleepless nights are rough so enjoy sleep now:)

    ReplyDelete