Monday, August 29, 2011

Our Top Ten

TEN REASONS YOU MIGHT SEE A SMILE ON OUR FACES
1. Our birthmother has met with her attorney, reviewed her adoption plan, confirmed her hospital plan, discussed her rights, and learned about the legal timeline. After the meeting, attorney told our adoption agent that he feels she is "sincere in going through with this adoption." 
2. We are only 28 days away from the due date.
3. Vacation days are approved, my FMLA paperwork is turned in, and tomorrow night I tell
my classroom parents and students of the upcoming events. (Although, this whole thing just makes me nervous! There has really been mixed reactions from parents with my impending absence and although I realize I have every right to take a maternity leave, I still worry about their reactions to me about this.)
4. Changing table has been put together. Diapers and wipes are stocked up. Clothes are cleaned and sorted in bins.
5. We are only 28 days away from the due date! Did I already mention that?
6. The birthmother is continuing good communication with us and the agency.
7. When asked how she (the birthmother) feels about Carlie and I, she responded by saying "I like them. I know they will give the baby a better life than I can."
8.  We only have 20 more work days until the due date...IF she doesn't go into labor early!
9. Our friends and family are very excited for us and that makes us feel good. :) 
10. Looking at infant Halloween costumes has become one of my favorite pastimes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment