Wednesday, September 7, 2011

From Katie...

For me, singing sad songs often has a way of healing a situation. 
It gets the hurt out in the open into the light, out of the darkness. 
Reba McEntire 


I think music in itself is healing. It's an explosive expression of humanity.
Billy Joel


Music can change the world because it can change people. 
Bono 



Anyone who knows me at least a little bit well has been on the receiving of this request: "Listen to the words of this song. It says EXACTLY how I'm feeling right now!" Or something along those lines....Music has always been something that heals my heart, lifts my spirits. I can't count the number of times in my life that a song has come on that has been able to express the words and feelings in my heart better than I can. 
As you can imagine, this adoption has created a list of songs that have comforted me, excited me, inspired me, and most have brought me to tears at least once (ok, really? Who am I kidding?!?! MORE than once...).  I want to share this list of songs because even though I've written as candidly and as openly as I know how to....music just seems to express my heart better than I can.
Below is what I would call the soundtrack of the last year.....Listen to these songs. It says EXACTLY what I've been feeling!

Jordin Sparks

Tenth  Avenue North

Michael Buble

Bebo Norman

Michael West

The Afters

Bebo Norman

Lincoln Brewster


No comments:

Post a Comment